Here's a simple step-to-step immigration guide on Canadian Immigration for doctors.
Find out if your medical degree is listed in the World Directory of Medical school:
Check here: cutt.ly/feOkARB
Hint: Input your country, select 'Yes' for Operational and search.
Apply and qualify for a 'Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada'.
To qualify, you must:
- Pass the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examinations (MCCQE I and MCCQE II)
- Complete a 12 months postgraduate training.
For more info:
RE: Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examinations (MCCQE I and MCCQE II):
MCCQE I: This can be written outside Canada. Check to see if there is a "Prometric" Test Centre in your country that facilitates this.
MCCQE II: Can only be written in Canada.
Once Step 2 is completed you receive official certification from any of the below:
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- College of Family Physicians of Canada;
- The College des Medecins du Quebec
If you are busy & would rather outsource the whole process of:
- Applying for exams & medical registration.
- Sharing credentials with medical regulatory authorities & other organizations.
- Transitioning to practice in Canada,
physiciansapply is your best platform.