Home
  • 5 likely interview questions and answers

Job applicants often get nervous when it comes to going for an interview on their dream Job. But with proper preparation, I believe Job applicants should be able to get through any interview confidently.I have written these 5 likely questions to arm you for whatever is ahead, Lets get straight to the point.

Interview
    Interview question 1:

Tell me about yourself.”

This is an opportunity to sell yourself and highlight your career success stories in 2-3 minutes.

Be brief & as concise as possible. 

Interview question 2:

Tell me about a time you failed.”

Demonstrate how you learnt from your mistake or failure and how that helped you grow professionally. Don’t bad mouth yourself or organise a pity party. 

Interview question 3:

What are you short & long term goals?

Demonstrate that you are a goal-driven professional.

Then, relate your response to the company interviewing you. 

Interview question 4:

Why should we select you for this role?”

Highlight that you are a good fit, highly motivated and productive; and that you will deliver excellent results. Don’t beg. 

Interview question 5:

How do you handle or cope with stress?

Explain how you have handled stress in the past. Also, highlight that good pressure can be a motivator for you and that it helps improve your productivity.

When asked why you want to work for the company: 
    -Use the opportunity to emphasize how your strengths and skills match the role you are applying for
    -State your plans to advance your career and how the opportunity would help you achieve that.

After Interview

Dear X

I enjoyed speaking with you today about the X role at XYZ.

The job is an excellent match for my skills and interests, and I will bring to the position strong xyz skills.

I appreciate the time and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Tunde Omotoye

Author

Updated on 11:02-am January 14,2020

category_logo

Tags: Interview questions

Please share

No comments yet