Six ways to move forward in your career path

Where are my Young Professionals? Please come, let us look at your career path together. How we can add momentum and find a balance. Truth is, things must be done differently to achieve growth.

Career path

1. Go Beyond What is on Paper

Yes, you have been given a Job Description (JD) which has been your bible. It's been your only guide? That's great, but abiding solely by it won't change anything.

You need to:

-Go beyond that JD.
-Be solution oriented on every task around you.

2. Level Up Your Qualification

When you got your job, you had a degree. But afterwards you've relaxed. That is another reason you aren't gathering momentum.

- Learn! Learn! Learn new skills as related to your field.
- Get a certification if you can't further your education.

3. Find A Career Path Guide

You see that path and momentum you are trying to gather? Many have passed through that same route before now. Why am I saying this?

A wise man once said, 'He who finds a mentor finds a leader who can guide their path'. Find a mentor in your field.

4. Document Your Achievements

When you go above & beyond to achieve something great outside your JD, write it down & save it in the bank. Compile all of it, pull out the sack on the day of your Performance Appraisal & give detailed analytical breakdown of how you added value.

Read also : 6-Step strategy to help with changing your career path.

5. Ask For More

"Ask & ye shall receive."

Have you thought of adding more responsibilities to what you presently do? Asides from it being a psychological approach to leaders, it also shows this egg is ready to hatch. The child is ready to grow. The momentum wants to gather.

6. Join a group related to your field

You know that someone in your:

-Network
-Clique
-Association
-Group
-Cabal
-Club
-Society

will readily refer you for a job before an outsider does? This can also affect your career in a positive way.

I'd stop here for today. We'd talk about the points in details when next you are around.

All the best.

Author

Read also : Personal and Career Development.

Tags: career path

Author : Kekeocha Justin