Scholarships in Sweden are basically divided into 2:
1. Swedish Int'l Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP)
2. Tuition Scholarships in different schools.
Today, we will talk about SISGP.
SISGP is a global scholarship available in 34 countries, including Nigeria. The call for SISGP for master’s studies in Sweden, starting in the autumn of 2021, will be published on 16 October 2020.
These are the steps:
a. Check the list of master’s programmes that are eligible for SI Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for the academic year 2020/2021 using this link: Eligible Master's Programmes Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) Academic Year 2020/2021
Be sure that your intended course is listed in the link. If it's not, then the the scholarship is not meant for you.
b. To begin with, apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2020 – 15 January 2021. This link will show you the schools in Sweden offering your course by just searching. Go to each school and apply.
Universityadmissions.se - Apply to Swedish universities, courses, and programmes. You don't need to contact professors. The application is easy and straight forward.
c. Apply for an SI scholarship between 10-20 February 2021.
Criteria for SISGP Scholarship
1. You must have a minimum 3,000 work experience. This link Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals - Who can explains how to calculate your work experience hours.
2. You must have been admitted and paid the Application fee for a master's programme in any eligible master's program. See: The link above
3. You must also have demonstrated Leadership experience from current and previous employment. See: The link above
a. A motivation letter
b. A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
c. Two different letters of reference: At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience.
d. Proof of work and leadership experience
e. A copy of your passport.
f. 2 2 or 2 1 can apply.
Summary of SISGP Scholarship:
a. Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
DATE:16 OCT 2020 - 15 JAN 2021
b. Apply for a SISGP scholarship
DATE:10 FEB 2021 - 20 FEB 2021
c. Notifications from University Admissions
DATE: APRIL 3RD, 2021
d. Announcement successful SI scholarship recipients:
DATE: APRIL 24th, 2021.
Everything I explained above can be found here: Please take time to read and understand.
Good luck as you apply.
In Part B, I will explain the Tuition Scholarship. It can be full or partial, and work/Leadership experience is not required. It is for young Graduates. Stay with me.