Scholarships and Admission in France

As usual, get a chilled coke diet and unlock this Gem

Study in France

Que: How do Masters admission and scholarship work in France?

Ans: Masters in France is usually 2 years. The first year is known as M1 while the second is M2. You can move from one school to another after the first M1 year.

These are the steps:

1. Click this link (4icu.org/fr/) to see all the schools in France. You will see about 234 schools as shown below:

2. Use the method I described in Practical Steps On How To Search For Schools Abroad That Offer Your Course to look for schools that offer your course. Make sure you are using google chrome so as to translate the schools in English.

3. Send email to the admission coordinator of each school about your willingness to apply for the course. Attach your CV and transcript. They will tell you any type of departmental or school funding available.

Note: No French school will ask you to pay any application fee

Application is absolutely free. Also, anybody can apply irrespective of your class of degree. Make sure your CV is convincing enough, especially if you have low CGPA but very good practicable skills required in your field.

This is because France value skills more than a degree. The school will inform you if you need to apply through campus France (I will explain this) or not.

4. Campus France is a body in your home country that helps you to do application and admission, thereby, making it stress-free for you. They are also involved in visa applications.

If you are in Nigeria, the campus will help you do all your admission and visa application for 50k. They have their offices in Lagos and Abuja.

They will send the following message to you if you contact them: 

Read also : List of fully funded scholarships that you can currently apply for.

'Thank you for contacting Campus France Nigeria. Please be informed that the next application exercise to secure admission into French higher education institutions will commence next month, November 2020. To get well prepared, please check through the links below for some useful information on how to study in France:

For information about courses taught in English click on this link: Programs taught in English

To find information about programs taught in French please click here:cataloguelm.campusfrance.org/licence/#/cata…

For information about tuition fees in France click here: Cost of education

For scholarship information: Directory of scholarship programs '

Do well to check all the links. But, I would advise that you do your due diligence by first checking for the schools and asking them yourself.

Campus France will also help you apply for available scholarships in your field. They will also make sure you get the admission. So, if you don't have time, please use them. If you are inquisitive like me, do it yourself (DIY). 

Que: Does that mean that there's no fully-funded scholarship in France? How can I cope?

Ans: There are very few schools that offer fully-funded scholarship. This is because:

a. When you get to school, you can apply for CAF benefits from the Govt., where 60% of your expenses will be taken care of. For more info on CAF, please read: CAF Benefits in France - 10 Things You Need to Know

b. You can also apply for CMU after 3 months in France. This helps to reduce 80% of your transportation as well as some insurance in France. For more info on CMU, please read: Qu'est-ce que la CMU ?

c. You can also use campus France or the school directly to apply for CROUS. This enables you to get cheap accommodation as well as social security. For more info, read:
All you need to know about CROUS for international students

Read also : What you need to know about JAMB CAPS.

Que: How can I survive in France? Can I save as much as I want? how?

Ans: As an international student, you can save up to 700 Euros/month by working 20hrs per week. And as an African, you can work more hours provided you can combine it with the school.  This means that with the scholarship described in Part A and your frugality, you can save as much as you want.

Que: What kind of jobs are available for students and how many hours?

Ans: Once you get to the school, walk straight to the department and ask them for on opportunities. They will gladly help you. Also, remember the CROUS discussed in PART A (All you need to know about CROUS for international students). They can help you get a job in a local restaurant or Mcdonalds. Also, make sure you speak with people. They usually say that a closes mouth is a closed destiny. 

Que: What is the requirement for visa application? What is the acceptance rate?

Ans: Campus France is involved in your visa application. Hence, they will make sure you have the required documents. So, the chances of getting a visa are high.  Also, unlike Germany, you don't need to have a block account. However, make sure you are not leaving your home country empty. Remember that you may not likely see your people in France as quickly as you may think. So, it's wise that you have some money with you that can sustain you for some months.

Que: What next after Masters (Msc) in France?

Ans: You have several options:

i. You have about a year to look for job, check : Post Study Work Permit France - Visa, Work permit rules, Fees, Application
ii. You can get a PhD scholarship. PhDs are usually advertised. so you need to be proactive. 

iii. If you are from Nigeria, there's a group called 'Friends of Nigeria' in France. They consist of people who have graduated and working in France. Search for them and connect. They can help you after Msc or PhD. 

Read also : 4 Marketing Tips from the man who sold the Eiffel tower.

Que: Are there other scholarships in France?

Ans: The Eiffel Scholarship is presently on at the time of writing this article. Opening of the call for applications: Week of September 28, 2020. Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January 8th 2021. Publication of results: week of March 22, 2021

The eligible fields of study are:

- Economics and Management
- Engineering (Master level) / Sciences in a broader sense (PhD level)
- Law
- Political Sciences 

This is a scholarship you can also apply to. You can get it from your home country or while you are in France.

These are the steps to getting the Eiffel scholarship

1st step:

- You may contact the International Relations department of the university/school trough their  website, by email or phone, to know the deadline for the submission of applications.

- You may contact the French embassy or Campus France office of your home country.

-You have to choose by yourself the French institution according to your project of study. 

Any French higher education institution can apply.

2nd step:

- Your French university/school has decided to support your application to the Eiffel scholarship.

- They will send you the application form and help you fill it out. 

- Finally, they will send the application on your behalf.
Applications submitted directly by students or by foreign educational institutions will be rejected.

For further info, kindly read:

EIFFEL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM OF EXCELLENCE

and

EIFFEL scholarship document

Read also : Step By Step Process Of Applying And Studying In Germany.

Que: Do you have a website the shows all the PhD courses available in France?

Ans: We've got you covered. See here: doctorat.campusfrance.org/phd/dschools/m…

Que: Is there any school that has 100% scholarship?

Ans: Universite de Bourgogne in France has 60% scholarship for mathematical physics and 100% scholarship for Photonics.

I hope that you can comfortably apply for admission and scholarship in France after this info.

Acknowledgement: Many of this info was given to me by my friend @Haryobarme, a current PhD student in France. 

Author

Novrazbb Yotjob distinctquote yourowndir muttcat scholarship carlesto newsfunt